- Posted by email@example.com
- On June 27, 2017
- 0 Comments
With so many pieces to the inbound marketing puzzle, a brand can easily become overwhelm with the numerous tactics and techniques to generate exposure to their business. Especially as a startup or a brand that is struggling to find their place on the Internet, how do you begin the year strong in your marketing to yield favorable results like increased followers, leads, more sales, and loyal customers?
The good news is that inbound marketing is not complicated and there are core practices that are tested, tried, and true to getting more eyeballs to your content and boosting brand exposure. The following six steps will help guide you in developing a solid marketing plan for 2017 and give you the slight edge above the competition.
#1 Create Buyer Personas
Establishing a clear target audience plays a vital role in your inbound marketing plan. Your entire strategy will revolve around creating content that speaks and appeals to this audience. The more clarity you have on who you’re talking to, the better content you’ll publish that gets your market engaged.
Developing buyer personas is the best way to gain a clear vision of your ideal customer and knowing which content topics to focus on to reel them in. These buyer personas will serve as your guide to creating your content marketing strategy for the year. You’ll understand the problems, challenges, pains, and questions that affect your prospects the most, and publish content that addresses these issues…making your content much more effective.
#2 Focus on Growing & Nurturing Your Email Subscribers
According to EmailMonday, 74% of companies see email marketing as still being one of the channels with the highest ROI even five years from now. Building your leads list is the lifeline to your business. By capturing quality leads into your sales funnel, you create more opportunities to convert these prospects into buying customers. With proper nurturing tactics, your email list can be a revenue-generating machine for your business.
Here are a few tactics to boosting your subscriber list this year:
- Present a pop-up at the end of your content when your visitor has finished reading that page
- Display a sticky top bar with tools like Hello Bar that captures attention
- Use “inline” downloads; opt-in boxes that appear within your blog post. The content offer specifically relates to the blog post the visitor is reading, dramatically improving lead conversions
- Host quality-rich webinars regularly; participants must register with their contact info to attend your broadcast, generating fresh leads every time
- Exit-intent pop-ups work really well which shows up as someone is attempting to close out the page. You can increase subscribers significantly with this method
Once you’ve generated leads, you must nurture them to move them closer to the buying decision. Segmenting your list allows you to better personalize your messages to increase engagement. In fact, marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns (Source: Campaign Monitor). It is the one email marketing strategy that you want to implement this year to yield optimal results from your campaigns.
#3 Enrich Your Blog Content
The benefits of blogging are too compelling to ignore. From bolstering thought leadership, to being found in the search engines, to creating a living resource your audience can glean value from, your business blog is a huge asset to your brand and a critical component to the inbound marketing strategy. By honing your blogging tactics, you’ll build a solid reputation, drive traffic to your site, and grow your email list.
Yet, in a digital era where more content is being produced today than ever before, how do you make your blog posts engaging enough to separate you from the sea of articles on the web? The following illustrates some simple tips to consider when crafting your blog content:
- Leverage interactive content like polls, surveys, infographics, calculators, videos and podcasts to enrich your content and improve website experience
- Add visuals. Not only does it make it appealing to the eye, you will receive more social shares when publishing to your social media networks (Source: Hubspot)
- Long-form content performs extremely well on search engines. Create a content strategy that supports 2000+ words blog articles
- Be sure your blog is optimized for mobile reading. With more website visits taking place on mobile devices, you want to ensure your audience can read yours legibly
#4 Bolster Your Social Media Strategy
Did you know that social media is playing almost as big a role in purchasing decisions as does television? Also, a third of millenials state that social media is indeed their preferred channel for communicating with businesses (Source: Business2Community).
Improving your social media strategy positions you to better connect with your followers and get them to engaged with your content. Furthering your social media presence will prove to be a profitable goal for 2017…one that is certainly attainable.
We did a full-length post on how to create a winning social media marketing strategy, yet here are several pointers you can gather from the article:
- Be especially clear on your social media objectives. Each post that you publish should have a purpose; do you want to generate likes? Shares? Or leads? With a well-defined goal, you can convey this purpose in your CTA
- Share remarkable content that resonates with your audience. Also, give variety. Publish social videos (more on this next), high-quality images, GIFs, curated content, and your blog articles to keep your posts interesting
- Share landing page links that specifically relates to followers on that specific platform. For example, if you’re sharing a landing page on Facebook, be sure that it connects to those followers. This strategy greatly improves conversions because it’s more personalized
- Don’t forget to be social. Engage in your followers content by liking, sharing and commenting on their posts.
#5 Leverage Social Videos
Social media videos are all the rave now, immediately grabbing attention and generating crazy engagement with followers. Social videos produce a whopping 1200% more shares than text and images combined. People tend to spend 3 times longer watching live social videos versus one that is no longer live (Source: Social Media Today). That same source reveals that Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day.
Therefore, leverage social videos to your advantage! This is a major benefit for marketers to relay their brand message, demonstrate products, host live Q&A sessions, take their followers backstage, and show off office shenanigans. You will further the know, like and trust factor as you create transparent experiences for your audience to really get to know you.
These videos play right into your follower’s newsfeed for added exposure and a solid opportunity to gain real feedback from viewers so you can give your market more of what they want.
#6 Up Your Video Marketing
Videos still have a compelling way to move people to action. After watching a video, 64% of viewers are more likely to buy a product (Source: Hubspot). Also, YouTube consumption continues to rise 100% every year with no intention of slowing down. If you haven’t taken your video marketing seriously in the past, the time is now to devise a working plan that puts more videos in your vault.
Check out these video content ideas to begin building your strategy:
- Create product videos that shares the benefits, features, how it works, and where people can purchase
- Share your brand’s story to connect with your audience
- Utilize webinar presentations to delve deep into content topics
- Leverage YouTube ads to increase awareness and lead conversions
- Expand on popular blog posts using videos
- Answer FAQs in short videos
Honing these inbound marketing tactics will position you to accelerate your goals and win in 2017. Plan to develop each part outlined so it aligns with your business objectives. With consistency, you will experience a nice growth in your company. Much success!